Sunday, September 17, 2017

Stumble Upon Cincinnati Suburbs Hot Real Estate

Boy did I get up early this morning, a lot of showings to schedule for our Cincinnati house-hunter clients. Just have a lot of other work to get out of the way before making those calls. I'm not even sure where some of these new Cincinnati home buyers found us, but one did mention StumbleUpon.

A long time ago, and at another brokerage, I did place a back-link on StumbleUpon to our real estate website's home page. That's how this particular client found us. Lucky me, I had put some tags in there, they helped the buyer find our Southern, Ohio real estate site.

I had forgotten all about this venue and its potential for posting about real estate in Cincinnati and its suburbs. Not everyone Googles, a lot of house hunters have their favorite forums for finding the right home. Facebook for example. Truth be told, even though I manage our business Facebook page and advertise our client’s homes for sale or market our Cincinnati community pages, I’m not all that social on my personal page. I do answer questions about housing, talk with buyers and sellers, and people wanting to find a good lease in the area.

I took a little break from Facebook and uploaded all the Cincinnati suburbs we have pages for on our site with direct links to their properties and listing information. Added some other pages too, like our mortgage calculator, rent vs buy a home, best home loans and first-time buyer. StumbleUpon is a lot easier than I remember.

So, I did a bunch of posting and then checked the listings and discovered StumbleUpon lets home buyers browse real estate on our website within StumbleUpon without having to leave it. Pretty nifty I think:


I like the fact you can go to town with real estate and community tags here too. I also started using StumbleUpon as a place for curating real estate, housing and mortgage market news for future real estate blog posts.

There’s a lot of great places online for curating content, a lot of new forums you can find real estate information and housing market news. If you’re an agent, you may want to go back and visit some of your “golden-oldies”.

I’m not sure that StumbleUpon can be classified as “social media”, though you can work the “likes” and build an audience. But for real estate agents, whether you choose to get social or not, it’s a great place for your community, housing and real estate blog content.

What are some of your favorite places to find real estate content and develop ideas? It’s so easy to get in housing post rut on sites we typically use. I’m just glad a home buyer stumbled upon our Cincinnati housing site and brought the venue back to my attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment