Saturday, September 16, 2017

Scoop.It - Scooping up Real Estate Articles

My newest place for posting about southern Ohio real estate - Scoop.It.

I sometimes get bored with social media channels, lately I've been exploring other places for finding and posting real estate articles. I write a lot of posts about Cincinnati real estate markets, and was time to start find other places. Lo-and-behold, I found out I'm enjoying Scoop.It.

Ohio Real Estate on Scoop.It




So far I just have my short reads about different Cincinnati area communities like Mason, West Chester, Monroe and Indian Hill. But I was browsing and found a ton of great articles on real estate related topics from some major authorities on the subject on there. I'll be a while, but there's some really informative stuff to share on there!

Scooped Southern OH Real Estate

I think it's important as a Realtor into content marketing to sometimes walk away from the usual grinding on social media site that are perhaps too familiar and explore other possibilities. Obviously, no one person can stay on top of growing an audience on every platform. But don't dismiss posting on new venues as back linking correctly can boost your rankings.

I did take several months off of social media and working on our website. Partly due to family issues, but also was way overdue for some healthy rest. Back at it now, and feeling sharper about it too.

In addition to Scoop.It I've started using Storify too to some degree. Maybe it's just the change of screen I like or the format for real estate articles. I just feel like it's new and posting about my local housing markets doesn't feel as tedious.

Got a new .edu back-link too from the Dorm Debate, and an article on college housing not being affordable enough for students. It inspired me to get back in the saddle with creating premium articles with valuable content for readers.

So often, the same old stuff (not just about real estate) is just regurgitated and splattered out there on the web. Social sharing of real estate blog posts and racking up view stats might satisfy the ego, but never forget the purpose of what content marketing is supposed to serve.

It's alright to capitalize on news that affects real estate markets, especially your own. But have you ever noticed a flood of similar articles from different authors hit the social web at the same time?

Anyway, enough of this rant, viewing it as advice would be better. I just want to encourage you to step away from the norm, find some new venues for real estate content. Take some time to write about a real-life situation you experienced in your industry. That makes for awesome content.

No comments:

Post a Comment